This is the easiest mousse recipe ever and is perfect to make with little hands. Make sure you get vanilla or plain flavoured marshmallows (i.e. not ones that are shaped) as they are usually flavoured and will make the mousse taste all kinds of weird. The mini ones are easier to melt too! Be careful if baking with littlies when using the pan, as the hot marshmallows can get super hot.
Serves 4 adults
25g caster sugar
150g mini marshmallows
200ml double cream
1. Put all but a few berries in a pan with the sugar and 100ml water and over a medium heat, cook until just soft enough to mash.
2. Take off the heat and squash until pulpy.
3. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted. Leave to cool.
4. Whip the cream until it just holds its shape and fold together with the strawberry mix.
5. Pile into glasses and chill for 2 hours.
6. Top with slices of the reserved strawberries and serve!